Sigma International is a custom injection molder of decorative plastics. Injection molding is a repetitive process in which plastic is melted, or plasticated, and then injected into a mold designed to the exact standards of each of our customers.
Our range of injection molding equipment – typically under 1,000 tons – is complimented by the standards, procedures and personnel to operate the machinery in a manner that will produce quality parts for our customers. Our process follows strict procedures and guidelines necessary to meet IATF 16949 quality standards because meeting our customer’s high expectations is always our goal.
Injection molding is used for:
- Interior and exterior automobile components
- Household products
Our final injection molded parts range in size from 1.5 ounce to 22 pounds. We work with each of our customers to determine which material, technology and process will work best for your desired design.
Materials used in this process include:
In addition to standard injection molding, Sigma International offers multi-shot injection molding and liquid silicone rubber molding.
Multi-Shot Injection Molding
- Multiple colors
- Multiple materials
- Popular for medical, automotive and appliance markets
- Wide range in sizes
- Fuel filler doors, exterior lighting with seals, under-the-hood components, and decorative parts
Liquid Silicone Rubber
- Precise blend of materials
- Used in medical, automotive and industrial applications
- Used to make caps and stoppers, membrane pumps, spark plug boots, and optical grade silicone is used to make light guides and cup holders